This vinaigrette is simple to prepare yet very tasty. Add it to a green salad or pasta of your choice.
Nutrition and Preparation:
- Labelled: gluten-free, vegetarian
- Source of: fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, manganese
- Low in: cholesterol
- Calories per serving: 110
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP organic maple syrup (can substitute for honey)
- 1 TBSP organic fig balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lime (large)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (add to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add to taste)
You will also need:
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- container (glass measuring cup is ideal)
- grater (or zester)
- Combine all the liquid ingredients together.
- Carefully grate/zest the clove of garlic, occasionally stirring.
- Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Cover and let mixture cool in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Note on nutrition and preparation of vinaigrette dressing:
- Dressing should be made as needed.
- Maple syrup tends to clump up in the dressing if left in the fridge for too long.
- Nutrients listed is not an exhaustive list
- A great olive oil to try is from a Turkish brand called “Zei”